- “We had a great stay in this beautiful, quiet and peaceful villa. Although quiet, there are plenty of cafe’s and restaurants only a short drive away. The pool was very nice and had the benefit of excellent security, which was great with our young children. The rooms were spacious and had air conditioning and comfortable beds (a rarity in the Algarve). All in all, a wonderful stay and Sheila was a wonderful host.” Kristian, August 2017
- “This was our first experience of a Villa type holiday. We weren’t disappointed.
Loved “Figgy” right from the off, it had that “wow” factor as soon as we were shown in by the lovely manager Remco, we knew we were going to have a lovely holiday. The whole place gives you a feel of what a villa should be like, cool decor, locally sourced tiles on the walls, tiled floors, a big doorway to beautifully tended gardens and outside eating areas in the sun, orshade if preferred, a nice mixture of old and modern furniture too. Everything and every room had plenty of character which gave a lovely homely feel. All the mod-cons you could ever need were also available, the dishwasher was very well utilised! The beds were very good too. The gardens are lovely, lively and we had regular visitors from the insect and reptile world! One of the highlights was the little gecko that visited us nearly every night after dark when we were indoors watching the telly! The pool area is just perfect for total peace and quiet, and also provides yet another area for outside dining and the pool was perfect too, quite big, deep, spotlessly clean and there’s a choice of sun loungers and shade options. There was loads of space for our family of 4 adults (kids are 21 and 18), and the villa can easily accomodate 6. Set beside a quiet road, in very quiet surroundings, it’s only a 4 or 5 minute drive from the centre of the village, and its easy to find using the simple map and directions that Sheila provided for me before departure.
We loved this place, and I would highly recommend it to anyone. As I write this, I can’t think of anywhere I’d rather be than sitting outside Figgy just as the sun is setting, listening to the birds and the crickets singing while sipping another glass of local wine……
Thank you Sheila, Remco, the Pool Guy and the Maid, we had a fantastic time!
Neil + Family, June 2017
- “I have recently returned from spending 2 glorious weeks with my family in this wonderful villa. The accommodation is so spacious and beautifully furnished (this is clearly a home as much as a holiday let!) and everyone can find their own space to chill and enjoy the peace. The pool is an excellent size – enough for some serious lane swimming (after all that good food and wine, an essential antidote!) …. and also some tomfoolery with the family. So many little places to sit outside in the very well established garden and not one but two BBQs. Beautiful established trees and plants, so plenty of shade and at night both garden and pool area are atmospherically lit. The villa is in a good location in terms of reaching local towns and markets and also the coast with its extensive range of exquisite beaches. The staff who support the smooth running of any stay in the villa are brilliant – so very pleasant and helpful, they cannot be faulted. I, for one, can’t wait to return and although I feel honour-bound to write this review, I am hoping that my enthusiasm doesn’t cost me the booking slot of my choice next time!” Hilary, September 2016
- “We, a family of 5, had wonderful 10 days in Boliquieme. Reality is even better than you can imagine by means of those excellent photos. Our boys (10, 14 and 16 years old) enjoyed, of course, the pool most, I loved those gorgeous places in the garden where you can have breakfast, dinner or just sit, read and enjoy – you can always decide whether you’d like to sit in the sun or rather in the shade. My husband discovered beautiful walking paths through this marvellous landscape very close to the villa. Beach and Shopping malls can be reached in about 15 min by car. For all necessary things you can go for a walk to Boliquieme – and stay there for a cup of coffee. The house manager is very kind and helpful – and so was the cleaning lady. Thank you, Sheila, for staying there. It was a real pleasure.” Claudia, May 2016
- “We had another super time at Casa das Figueiras. The changes to the master bedroom made a big difference to the way we used the pool and made the villa more accessible especially for little people. The changes made the room light and airy.
Remco was excellent and friendly and looked after your villa so well. Sao was lovely and kept the villa clean and was very relaxed working round us all.Thank you for another great break and we will definitely be in touch with you to rebook for next year. Priti & Toby, July 2015
- “My husband and I, with 4 other friends (including a 2 year old), enjoyed a fantastic week away at this venue. You need a car to get to this location, the directions given by the owner were easy to follow. It is a well kitted out kitchen with built in bbq outside that we made good use of. We all enjoyed the good sized pool, gardens and different outside seating areas. A cot and high chair were provided on our request. The manager met us at the apartment and was very helpful showing us around, talking about the local area and helping us with any enquiries throughout our stay. A very relaxing place to enjoy a holiday.” Kerry M, August 2015
- “We had a fantastic two week stay at Casa das Figueiras. The villa is lovely, very spacious, with large and airy bedrooms. What we enjoyed most about the villa was the outside space, including a beautiful garden, several different seating areas to relax in the sun or shade and a fantastic pool. The villa neighbours with a few properties but was a quiet and peaceful place, truly relaxing. The villa had everything we could possibly require and the villa manger was really friendly and helpful. We hope to return one day very soon.” August 2015
- “We had a fantastic holiday, the villa suited our family. The pool was fab and had a secure gate to it! Perfect with our young family. Swimming with a view of the sea in the distance was a treat. The alfresco eating areas were ideal. The villa location was secluded and tranquil. Car is essential.” Carolyn B, August 2014
- “Exceptional Time was had by all! Easy to get to from directions and met on arrival by Remco who was a font of knowledge. Cleaner excellent. Pool spotless. Sheila the owner helped prior with suggestions also e.g. car hire. Quiet location but 15mins from the main areas. All appliances on site even down to a coffee machine. A most relaxing time was had. Thanks Sheila.” The Mills Family, Sept 2013
- “Yet another lovely, relaxing stay. Have been several times before and am always delighted on my arrival to see how wonderful it is. You can’t beat lounging by the pool with a cold glass of wine in your hand looking at that view. Thank you, as always, for a wonderful stay, we’ll be back next year!” Peter B, August 2013
- “The house is a must see, very cute, familiar, it goes in line with the portuguese atmosphere of el Algarve. Will make you feel like home. Highlight that although it has the style of a classic villa on its decoration and roofs, we found it to be very clean with new toilets and kitchen. We stayed 5 days and even during day 3 a cleanling lady came to change the bed, and go over the house. Everything very clean, plenty of space to accomodate 6 people very comfortably, nice swiming pool and very well located to visit the different villages from the Algarve every day. The owner of the house was always very helpful to us, offering us indications (she even had a book with details of places and activities to do in the house) and interested herself to ensure everything was ok. Thank you Sheila! We had a great time!” Verónica, July 2013
- “Beautiful villa, helpful owner. My Wife & I stayed here for a week in October 2012 & loved it. Postponed work meant we could take a sudden break & I booked with less than 5 days before departure & would arrive late,approx 11 30pm. The owner (Shelia) was fine about it & she liaised with her Villa manager (Remco) so all we had to do was ring Remco when we were clear of the airport & he would be there to greet us which he was. Remco kindly gave us some bottled water, cheese & bread so we had breakfast which was a nice touch. On departure we were booked on the last flight to Gatwick and as no one was arriving on our leaving day we were able to stay all day, wash & change then vacate at 6pm effectively gaining a day and being able to travel home washed and changed made for a more comfortable journey. The pool is huge and you can actually swim in it so I would have no hesitation in recommending this villa!” Alex H, Oct 2012
- “My wife and 3 teenage children stayed in this villa for 2 weeks 20/08-03/09. It was in a quiet location yet walkable to nearest village with bars and small supermarket (20mins). The villa was spacious and clean with a lovely garden and fantastic pool. The manager Remco was very helpful and a great source of knowledge. We hired a car but travelled no more than 20 minutes to beaches, waterparks and airport. We all thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and would recommend to others.” Paul M, Aug 2012
- “My partner and I took our young son on holiday for the first time in October. What a joy it was. The villa was beautifully decorated with large airy rooms, it was very clean and we had ordered a welcome pack containing milk, bread, butter, cheese etc so we were able to settle in and enjoy our first night without having to venture out – what a lovely touch. The kitchen had everything we needed and the lounge was nice to relax in for a little siesta! Such a peaceful setting it was hard not to relax there, the views of the fields and the sea in the distance were beautiful. The fenced pool meant we didn’t have to worry about our son going in the water without us, he loved exploring the gardens. Loved the number of terraces to sit outside and enjoy the view whilst having our dinner, my partner even attempted BBQ-ing and it didn’t turn out too bad! The village was a scenic stroll away with everything you could wish for, lovely restaurants, small shop with all the necessities and even an internet cafe which my partner liked! We hired a car so visited the beach a few times and found a huge supermarket so we cooked at home most nights. All in all a wonderful villa in a beautiful location, we have booked to go next October!” Kirsty E, Oct 2011
- “Probably the most relaxing holiday we’ve ever had. A delightful villa with everything you could need for a really enjoyable holiday. Our second visit and the villa surpassed even the previous year. It’s truly relaxing and set in a quiet area surrounded by almond orchards with a view to the sea. Plenty of good places to eat nearby, and a good base for walking holidays but only 20 minutes from the coast. Can’t fault it.” Andrew S, 2009
- “We really enjoyed our stay. The villa was in such a beautiful, peaceful location that we relaxed instantly. We would have liked to have stayed for another week! The size of the pool allowed us all to play games together. We loved the location, being close to the village with easy access to the coast. Many thanks for a wonderful holiday.” The Larkman Family, Sept 2009
To read our reviews on TripAdvisor please click here.